Here is the sharing policy, effective January 30, 2012
You must maintain a sharing ratio in the range defined by the following chart, based on how much you have downloaded from the site:
25 GB downloaded - Must maintain a minimum 0.50 sharing ratio.
50 GB downloaded - Must maintain a minimum 0.60 sharing ratio.
75 GB downloaded - Must maintain a minimum 0.70 sharing ratio.
100 GB downloaded - Must maintain a minimum 0.80 sharing ratio.
1. What that means is your sharing ratio must fall in the acceptable range for that download level. For example, if you have downloaded 67 gigs of audio/video, your sharing ratio must be at least .60. Please note that until you have downloaded 25 gigs of data, you are NOT subject to the sharing ratio rules.
2. You will not be able to download new torrents until you have gotten your ratio to that acceptable limit by seeding old shows OR starting new torrents. You will get a private message warning you to fix your ratio if you are under the limit for your download group, and a 3-day window to correct it. So there is a grace period.
3. Every night, the system automatically crawls through the member list and sends users who are below the ratio requirement a private message, warning them that they have two days to increase their ratio or risk being banned from downloading new torrents. The system also crawls through the member list hourly and returns users who are now meeting the ratio requirements back to normal status on the board. Those reinstated users are also sent a private message, letting them know.
4. If you try to circumvent these rules by creating new usernames to download with, you will be banned from the site, and you WILL NOT be warned first. We're serious about this. If you're just a leecher and not a real sharer, we don't want you on this site and we will catch you.
Keeping Your Sharing Ratio In Compliance
1. The best way is to simply keep your bit torrent window open after you are done downloading a show, until you have uploaded (seeded) as much as you have downloaded. That way you know you will always be above the .80 sharing ratio. PLEASE NOTE: Your sharing ratio SHOULD update every few minutes on the site as you download/seed. If you notice it's not, try closing out of your bit torrent program and waiting a few minutes and reloading the site.
2. You can upload new torrents
to the site, even if you have been banned from downloading new shows. We encourage all users to create new torrents for everyone to share, that's how this community thrives and grows. If you cannot for some reason create a new torrent on the site, you can send us your files via snail mail and we will create the torrent and give you the upload credit. Contact us
for more information.
3. Re-seed shows! From time to time people ask for re-seeds of shows in the Requests
forum. If you still have the actual files on your computer, go to the thread where the torrent file is located. You can download the torrent file from the thread, even though you can't download because you can ALWAYS upload. Open up the torrent file, select the folder where that particular show is on your computer, bingo, now you're seeding!
4. Donate to the site! We have a program that allows you to donate to us and receive upload credit on the site. The minimum donation to receive upload credit will be $10 and you will receive 6 GB of upload credit, $20 gets you 13 GB of credit. Details are available on the Donate
section! Please keep in mind that donating to the site doesn't give you carte blanche to be a leecher. We still expect you to help seed shows, whether you have donated or not. Sharing is what keeps this community alive.
'Where Do I Find My Ratio?'
1. The easiest place to find your ratio is to pull down the "Torrents" link at the top of your navigation bar (if you are logged in), and you will see your ratio listed along your upload and download statistics. You can also reset your passkey there, as well as get detailed torrent tracker stats.
2. The other place you can find it is in any post you make.
3. You can also find it your profile, under the "Tracker Status" tab.
4. And lastly it's in the Member List
next to your name.
'I Can't Download Any New Files, What Can I Do?'
1. The first thing is to check to see if your sharing ratio is below the acceptable number for how much you've downloaded. If it is, then you've been barred from downloading any new files. If your ratio is above the acceptable level, and you still can't download, then contact us
2. You can seed a show you've already downloaded. All you have to do is open up the .torrent file on your computer, choose the directory where the show files are, and open it with your bit torrent client. Now you're seeding. Remember, your ratio does not update until after you properly close out of your bit torrent program.
3. Upload a new torrent! Just because you are barred from downloading, doesn't mean you can't upload. Create a new show torrent, create a new topic and seed away. If you cannot for some reason create a new torrent on the site, you can send us your files via snail mail and we will create the torrent and give you the upload credit. Contact us
for more information.
4. Donate to the site
. As explained above, if you donate either $10 or $20 to to our server costs, you will receive 6 or 13 GB of upload credit respectively. For now, this is a one-time credit.
And that's pretty much it. If you have any questions about the policy, please feel free to ask in this thread. We believe these rules are fair to everyone, and will help to continue to grow the site while curbing "hit 'n runners". Thank you for all your support.