JamToThis  
iTrader

Is your sharing ratio bad? Donate to our server costs and get upload credit!

Go Back   JamToThis > Traders Discussion > Non-Bit Torrent Trading > Video Vines

Closed Thread

(#1) Old
Trader

User ID: 3

Trader Rating: 18

Rate This Trader!

UL: 75.15 GB
DL: 62.87 GB
Ratio: 1.20
Seed Points: 0.00

Sharing Ratio
Policy

Torrent Thank You's: 38
Thanked Posts: 0

Send a message via Yahoo to TopJimmy78
FAQ-Trees - 10.12.04, 01:19 PM

What is a tree?? Well if you have traded for while you might know but if you are new to trading or have never participated in a tree before here ya go! A tree is sort of like a vine or a weed but different, same as in it also starts out with a seeder, different as instead of sending the shows to the person below you, you have a structure to follow. A Tree starts out with a seeder (whoever is offering to start the tree) , the seeder usually starts a sign up thread asking for each persons info as in their email addy, location, etc... they also ask when you sign up wether you want to be a leaf or a branch. Here is where it can be a little confusing. Usually in a tree the structure goes something like this, Seeder-Branch-Leaf, the difference between a Branch and leaf is that the branch trades with many people, a leaf trades with only one, namely their branch. A Branch would first trade with their seed to get the show and then the branch would set up trades with all of their leaves, in most trees a you have multiple branches and usually each branch has multiple leaves. Here is an example of what a tree structure might look like

Seeder
Branch1
Branch 2
Branch3
Branch4

Branch 1
leaf1
leaf2
leaf3
leaf4

Branch2
leaf1
leaf2
leaf3
leaf4

Branch3
leaf1
leaf2
leaf3
leaf4

Branch4
leaf1
leaf2
leaf3
leaf4

As I said above each branch has muliple trades to do, they first trade with their seed and then with all of their leaves, it is a good way to start a good cxollection going but it is also lot of reponsibility too, as you have many trades to do. Hope this helps explain the Trade Tree a little, if there are any questions ask away!!
  (#2) Old
EVH5150

User ID:

Trader Rating:

Rate This Trader!

10.12.04, 01:27 PM

A perfect and concise definition TJ

Even the beginner of beginners could understand that with no problem at all.
  (#3) Old
Trader

User ID: 3

Trader Rating: 18

Rate This Trader!

UL: 75.15 GB
DL: 62.87 GB
Ratio: 1.20
Seed Points: 0.00

Sharing Ratio
Policy

Torrent Thank You's: 38

Send a message via Yahoo to TopJimmy78
10.12.04, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVH5150
A perfect and concise definition TJ

Even the beginner of beginners could understand that with no problem at all.

Thanks Chad, I just hope I helped explain it a little as I know this can be a little confusing when you are new to trading and trade trees!
  (#4) Old
EVH5150

User ID:

Trader Rating:

Rate This Trader!

10.12.04, 02:58 PM

I didn't know exactly how it worked...only the basics. Your post is easy to understand, which is perfect. I stuck to your principle when I was trying to write up the Bit Torrent thing. I agree with you completely - the simpler we can keep this for everyone, the better off we'll be. It will encourage participation, even by beginners
  (#5) Old
No VH w/o DLR

User ID: 66

Trader Rating: 111

Rate This Trader!

UL: 174.21 GB
DL: 76.28 GB
Ratio: 2.28
Seed Points: 30.80

Sharing Ratio
Policy

Torrent Thank You's: 119

10.16.04, 09:54 AM

That was a very nice explanation. One thing I want to emphasize is that if you're a leaf and you have nothing to trade, then you should do a B&P (Blanks and Postage) or a 2:1. Quick definition of that if you're new--a B&P means you send to the branch however many discs are needed for what you're gonna get plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Since the branch gets nothing except a good feeling in return for burning you the show, then he shouldn't have to pay anything or expend any of his resources.

A 2:1 is an alternative that I'm not to0 keen on; basically you send double the amount of discs that is required to burn the show to the branch. The branch gets to keep the extra discs. However in a 2:1 the leaf doesn't have to pay postage; the discs are enough reimbursement. The reason I don't like 2:1's is because the branch still has to muster up packaging, go to the post office and wait in line to send it out. Whereas with the B&P all he has to do theoretically is throw the package in the mailbox and he's done. The convenience of a B&P to the branch, in my opinion, outweighs getting a few extra blank CD"s.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq-trees