"The Canadian Tapes"
VHS Masters > VCR (General Electric VG4241) > Camcorder (Sony DCR-PC9) > Firewire (Soundblaster Audigy 2) > WinDV 1.2.3 > Hard Disk
01. Beavis and Butthead - Just Like Paradise (June 9, 1993)
02. Sammy Hagar - Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis, The Tribute (October 08, 1994)
03. Entertainment Tonight - Balance Segment (January 1995)
04. Jon Stewart Show - Sammy and Eddie Interview + Band Rehearsal Clips (February 10th, 1995)
05. The Late Show with David Lettermen - Not Enough + Jump (August 10th, 1995)
06. MuchMusic - Start Me Up - Quick Segment (August 18th, 1995)
07. Global News - Interview Segment with Sammy (August 1995)
08. MuchMusic - Power Hour - Interview with Jana-Lynne White (1995)
09. MuchMusic - Spotlight - Between Song Segments (1995)
10. MuchMusic - Infofax - Eddie's Gun Charge (1995)
11. Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Labor Day Telethon - Jason Becker and Eddie Van Halen Segment (September 2, 1996)
12. MTV Video Music Awards (September 5, 1996)
13. CNN - Showbiz Today - MTV VMA Recap (September 6,1996)
14. CNN - Showbiz Today - BOV1 Segment (October 1996)
15. The Late Show with David Lettermen - Sammy Hagar - Little White Lies (May 23, 1997)
16. MuchMusic - Kenny Wayne Shepard Interview with Rachel Perry (August 26, 1998)
17. MuchMusic - Spotlight - Between Song Segments (1998)
18. Entertainment Tonight - Eddie's Birthday (January 26, 1999)
19. Hard Rock Live - Sammy Hagar - One Way to Rock (March 20, 1999)
20. Entertainment Tonight - 2004 Tour Segment (June 2004)
21. CKCO-TV in Kitchener, Ontario - 2004 Tour Segment (June 2004)
These are various video clips taped from 1994 to 2004. Many of the clips are sourced from Canadian television and are quite rare. However, all clips were taped in Canada, hence the title of the DVD. ;-)
Track notes of interest:
- the rarest clips will be from MuchMusic, a video channel in Canada. Most of these have probably not been seen since their original airings.
- Kenny Wayne Shepard mentions Van Halen a few times during his interview, so I felt it was worth inclusion. He was opening the show for Van Halen in Toronto that night. Of note is Rachel Perry conducting the interview, who is now with VH-1.
- many of the clips are not complete, as I was not aware they were airing when they did and I spontaneously taped them. ;-)
Clips 1-19 were taped with a Samsung VCR. Due to the failing audio abilities of the Samsung in its later years, the audio had to be heavily remastered. What you hear is the best natural sound I could get from the original sources. The last two clips were taped with a General Electric VG4241 VCR direct off of a Roger's Digital Cable feed.
All editing was done with Sony Vegas 5, Sony Soundforge 7 and TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.
Compiled and edited by Chris Luckhardt (aka "motionblur") from November 16-18, 2004.
Released on November 19th, 2004.
Watch for Van Halen III in Toronto coming next!