PDA

View Full Version : BVCDs from JTT videos I encoded

diego gr
05.01.08, 12:48 PM
First of all I don't know if it's the right place for creating this topic. Moderators, sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
I am encoding all the DVD-Videos I download from JamToThis into BVCD, 'cause I do prefer join various videos to fit one DVD-R, and BVCD format is because my DVD player can't read Divx files.
I want to upload this BVCD concerts to allow people who doesn't have time/bandwith to download the DVD-Videos can see the concerts.

Here's a small sample (no audio) of my BVCDs. I chose a "very hard to encode" part of the video, 'cause there's lots of lights and fast camera closes and all that stuff that really pushes the encoder to it's limit:

http://www.4shared.com/file/46063522/f16622be/02_CQ_L70_1000-2000kbps.html

Later I will encode the full concerts in 4Shared, since it doesn't have a file expiration time.

PS1: JamToThis will be always mentioned as source of the concerts.
PS2: Audio will have no loss of quality, decoded from AC3 and encoded as MP2@320kbps with TooLAME.
PS3: Every single concert will be encoded following my personal quality level, and I'm a quality freak.

Is it OK? Where should I put the files' links here on JamToThis?

petbur
05.01.08, 01:56 PM
You're a quality freak, as you say yourself, but yet you want to compress the files to fit more shows on one dvd...I don't get it...All the effort to save a few cents :dunno:

diego gr
05.01.08, 02:58 PM
Yeah! I know...I'm crazy...
Using that quality I can make a DVD with 5 hours+ of video, instead of a 40-minutes DVD.
So it depends on your choice, if you wanna download the VOB, OK. If you want to download the VCD, s'OK too!

Going a little off topic: isn't there a better way to share DVD? I mean...torrent depends on seeders, and a seeder will not stay uploading the file forever.
With tons of free file servers out there (4shared, rapidshare, easyshare, vimeo (for HD videos) ), torrent seems like the slowest way to share things.

diego gr
05.04.08, 11:04 AM
I changed the encoding to Xvid, much better quality without resizing.
When I want to play the video on the TV, I burn the BVCD files on a DVDRW, no problem at all, and no reasons for loosing so much quality.
SAMPLE (http://www.4shared.com/file/46410349/f6711ea/SAMPLE.html)

dokkendude
05.04.08, 03:15 PM
you've let ppl know what your doing
if they're interested you guys can share links via pm

diego gr
06.05.08, 06:49 AM
finally uploaded the videos...
here are three concerts, but many more to come soon...

Each concerts has a sample called "trecho.avi" in the link's folder.

Teteeeeu
09.11.08, 12:47 AM
Yeah! I know...I'm crazy...
Using that quality I can make a DVD with 5 hours+ of video, instead of a 40-minutes DVD.
So it depends on your choice, if you wanna download the VOB, OK. If you want to download the VCD, s'OK too!

Going a little off topic: isn't there a better way to share DVD? I mean...torrent depends on seeders, and a seeder will not stay uploading the file forever.
With tons of free file servers out there (4shared, rapidshare, easyshare, vimeo (for HD videos) ), torrent seems like the slowest way to share things.

Man I think it's a great idea. Some people would like to download the concert but not the full 4.5Gb dvd (not my case, I love to download the full dvd) and I thinks this is a choice they have right to do, so I'm with you.

Another think, I like the torrent way of sharin', but I also agree with you in the point of "seeders will not be there forever", and if the seeder upload the dvd to a free server it'll saves a looot of time cuz he won't have to wait until somebody finish the download and hope that this person start to seedin' with him, the concert will be already on the web, on a free server, and the uploader (seeder) will be albe to start uploadin' a whole new concert if he wants to. It will also down the number of RESEED REQUEST cuz the file (DVD) will be online for a long time on the web and, eventualy if some part of the dvd goes offline it will be much easier for the upload just re-upload a single part of 100mb than upload the whole dvd again.

I'm not sayin that we must stop usin' the bittorrent way of sharin', I'm sayin' that we SHOULD look to the other options of sharin' that we have and think about it because it could save us time and money (in the case of traditional tradin').

Hugs !