PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - Grand Rapids - 7-9-04 - dics 2

grgtait
04.25.05, 06:05 PM
Did someone say disc 2 :dunno:

(Here is the Tapers info as typed by himself)
Van Halen
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, Michigan
July 9, 2004

Disk 1 (64 mins)
1. Jump
2. Runaround
3. Humans Being
4. Up For Breakfast
5. Mike's bass solo
6. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
7. Poundcake
8. It's About Time
9. Al's drum solo
10. Top Of The World
11. Unchained
12. Why Canít This Be Love
13. Eagles Fly
14. A Deeper Kind Of Love

Disk 2 (60 mins)
1. 7th Seal
2. Best Of Both Worlds
3. Ed's guitar solo
4. Dreams
5. Ainít Talkiní ĎBout Love
6. Right Now
7. You Really Got Me
8. Panama
9. When Itís Love

Filmed with a handheld Sony TRV330 digital 8mm cam in SP mode. Audio straight from the camera's stereo mic - no external mic used.

All capturing and editing done using Sony Media's Vegas Video 4.0e (build 239). Data captured directly from the Sony TRV330 straight to the harddrive via firewire. Disk 1 is encoded at 8,750 bps (VBR) and disk 2 is encoded at 9,000 bps (VBR) using the Main concept encoder in Vegas Video.

Audio: Dolby 2.0 at 224 Kbps.

Authored using Sony Media's DVD Architect v2.0a (build 121).

Note: The first minute and a half of audio on disk one is from Steecoe's DAT recording. I used it to make up for the audio I missed at the beginning of the show, thus the intro on disk 1 is a little drawn out with various non-live images.

radikal
04.25.05, 06:39 PM
Thx again for the awesome shows Dude!!!!!
:rock: :D :bow:

atomic_punk
04.26.05, 03:08 AM
I've just started downloading disc 1 so I won't join this yet.. But I'll get on it soon.. Thanks again dude!

lukeman89
04.26.05, 08:55 PM
thanks a boatload for this one!!

RedHead5150
04.26.05, 10:41 PM
Thanks a ton for upping Disc 2 so quickly.

Disc 1 is great!

I'm truly addicted to these shared DVDs of the '04 tour. I'm greatly appreciative to all who share what they obtain.

Thanks!

marquitos
04.27.05, 02:27 AM
oki doki mate, thanx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corwin
04.27.05, 12:15 PM
G-reat
Thanks for posting disc 2 as well :thumb:

RedHead5150
04.28.05, 02:55 AM
Shit... if only all DVD bootlegs were this well done. Video & Audio are both better then many commercial music DVDs I've purchased.

This set is super-highly-completly-recomended by this VH Fan!

Not only the quality, but early July was the best time of the '04 Tour IMO. I was lucky to catch the Toronto show a few days before this one - and they were even just as good and possibly even better at this Grand Rapids show then at Toronto.

Thanks again!

kannon21
04.28.05, 05:53 AM
Thanks

grgtait
04.28.05, 06:16 AM
Good to hear you guys like :yay:

I'm going to take a brake uploading for the day, and shut down.
I'm going to run some sacans and stuff after work. Then I'll check if both parts are still seeded.

Enjoy :thumb:

BoDEAN
05.03.05, 02:01 PM
Thanks!!

MrFingers
05.03.05, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the show!!!!

Silver Stallion DVDs
05.04.05, 07:39 AM
Shit... if only all DVD bootlegs were this well done. Video & Audio are both better then many commercial music DVDs I've purchased.
I'm kind of surprised to hear you say the audio is as good as a commercial DVD.

I am one who filmed and authored this show (and also the 8/6/04 Vegas show). Other than the first minute or so of audio for disk #1 (I got engrossed in a conversation and didn't get the camera ready in time to start filming...) which I got from Steecoe's DAT, the audio is untouched - straight from the camera's mic - no external mic used.

If I had EQed the audio - which I would do if I were to reauthor this (which I am not planning on doing), it would sound a lot better.

Randy
Silver Stallion DVD Productions

grgtait
05.04.05, 04:47 PM
I'm kind of surprised to hear you say the audio is as good as a commercial DVD.

I am one who filmed and authored this show (and also the 8/6/04 Vegas show). Other than the first minute or so of audio for disk #1 (I got engrossed in a conversation and didn't get the camera ready in time to start filming...) which I got from Steecoe's DAT, the audio is untouched - straight from the camera's mic - no external mic used.

If I had EQed the audio - which I would do if I were to reauthor this (which I am not planning on doing), it would sound a lot better.

Randy
Silver Stallion DVD Productions

:rock: Thanks For recording this show for us. :rock:

zambdrvr
05.04.05, 07:55 PM
Thanks for recording this Silver and thanks for posting Grgtait. Looks great!

hotrails
05.18.05, 02:08 AM
:drunk: :drunk: Thanks for the show,man.This great for an italian Van Halen fan like me.